The budget for the third release is £70 million and will open to new applications from midday, Monday, March 16, to allow households in England and Wales to claim up to £5,600 to help with the cost of installing certain energy saving measures such as solid wall insulation, double glazing, boilers, cavity wall and floor insulation.
Energy Ministers have launched the latest phase of the Green Deal Home Improvement Fund (GDHIF) but warn they can vary the terms, including the incentive rates, or suspend or close the scheme, with immediate effect, without notice and at any time.
For the third release of funding, money has been increased for the two measures offer.
Under the scheme, domestic energy customers will be able to receive:
* Up to £3750 for installing solid wall insulation
* And/or up to £1250 for installing two measures from an approved list
* Up to £100 refunded for their Green Deal Assessment
* Up to £500 more if applying within 12 months of buying a new home.
The £70 million for the third release will be available until all the funding has run out.
To complete the two-stage application process, householders will need:
* A Green Deal Advice Report (GDAR) or Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) that is less than two years old
* A quote from a GDHIF registered installer or provider for work specified on the GDAR or EPC and included on the list of GDHIF approved measures
* Proof of property ownership (for landlords/undertakings only) Householders are encouraged to get more than one quote, particularly when they are having expensive work done, to make sure they are getting the best deal available.
The £70 million available under the third release is part of the additional £100 million for household energy efficiency announced in October 2014. This funding is in addition to the £450 million already allocated to household energy efficiency from 2014 through to 2017.
Funds are limited and DECC say it can vary the terms of the scheme (including the incentive rates) or suspend or close the scheme, with immediate effect, without notice and at any time therefore, we would advise that you make your application as soon as this third round of funding is released as this is a very popular scheme.
You can find out more about the Scheme here.
You can find out more about Green Deal and Energy Efficiency here