The next Welsh Cardiff landlord meeting is Wednesday 26th March. RLA Wales Director Douglas Haig has been incredibly busy and is keen to ensure that private landlords in Wales are kept up to the minute with goings on in the Welsh Private Rented Sector! Details of the meeting below
Cardiff Landlord Forum Meeting
County Hall, Atlantic Wharf, Cardiff CF10 4UW
26 March 2014 18:00 – 20:00
- Cardiff Children’s Services and Communities Directorate
Cardiff Children’s Services and Communities Directorate are doing some work around accommodation provision for 16-24 year olds in the Authority who are vulnerable. Whilst some of the services we are looking to commission are quite intensive, we are aware that we have an issue with finding suitable move on/independent living arrangements; therefore speaking to local landlords would be really useful to seek views on how we might work better together on this issue.
- Bethan Jones, Category Manager, Commissioning & Procurement, Cardiff Council
- Angela Bourge, Operational Manager, Resources in Children’s Services, Cardiff Council
- Get It Out for Cardiff 2014
Get It Out for Cardiff, the annual end of term recycling, waste, and charity collection scheme is back for its 10th year. The scheme includes a re-use and charity collection of unwanted items, helping students plan a stress-free move out of their accommodation and leaving the local community clean and tidy. Cardiff Council and Cardiff Digs can provide landlords with advice and support to help with the correct removal of waste during the tenancy changeover period.
- Emma Robson, Student Liaison Officer, Cardiff Council and the three Universities (Cardiff, Cardiff Metropolitan and the University of South Wales)
- Jennifer Sadler, Waste Strategy Officer, Cardiff Council
- Richard Cowley, Waste Education and Enforcement Manager, Cardiff Council
- Will Lane, Operational Manager, Public Protection (Pollution and Housing Enforcement), Cardiff Council
- Further updates on the Welsh Legislation changes and changes to Cardiff Council planning policy
- Vice-Chair update.
- Landlord Case study: unsuccessful claim to back date housing benefit and the lessons to be learned.
- Update: Additional HMO licensing area in Cathays & Consultation for Additional Licensing in Plasnewydd
- Update from the Chair
Networking in the Bar – An opportunity to chat with the speakers and other landlords.