Fire safety is one of the top searches on the RLA website, with the issue brought into sharp focus following the devastating blaze at Grenfell Tower almost a year ago.
In the wake of the tragedy the RLA pulled together all its fire safety guides and interactive resources for PRS landlords to create a comprehensive fire safety hub within its webpages.
Since then work has been ongoing to make the pages more accessible and to create guidance that is both comprehensive and easy to understand.
Anyone needing advice on their rented properties should be able to find it within the updated RLA fire safety pages – with the information cross-referencing to related guides and documents within RLA site itself and official guidance from MHCLG.
The new and updated fire safety advice pages for residential landlords can be found here.
In addition to the resources on the website, the RLA is now offering online and classroom fire safety training courses which cover:
- The different legislation relating to fire safety.
- The different building/property types and which pieces of the above legislation apply
- How to conduct fire risk assessments and protect both your tenants and your property from fire
- Practical tips on fire safety and with reference to the LACORS fire safety guide.
For more information on our training courses click here.
- RLA Policy Director David Smith will be giving evidence to the MHCLG Select Committee on the Hackitt Review on June 27th.