Following the huge success of Future Renting Wales last November, the RLA is pleased to invite you to our Future Renting North conference in Manchester.
Taking place at the Concorde Conference Centre on 24th April, Future Renting North is the chance to hear from a range of expert speakers on issues that matter to you.
Here are FIVE reasons why letting agents should attend Future Renting North.
1) Legal updates: There are many legislative changes that all letting agents need to be aware of. From new Minimum Energy Efficiency Standards being introduced this April, to the extension of Section 21 in October, it is vital that you keep up to date with the law. Our conference will include just that – a legislation update from RLA Policy Director, David Smith, a partner at Anthony Gold Solicitors, specialising in landlord and tenant law. It was also include panel discussion with Kate Faulkner and other key speakers, followed by questions.
2) Networking: Our conference is the perfect way to meet landlords and other letting agents. There will even be a drinks reception at the end of the day, in celebration of our 20th birthday.
3) Agent fee ban Much has been reported on in the media about the proposed plans to ban letting agent fees. Our conference programme includes an update on this and other new proposals, with the government increasingly wanting to treat tenants as consumers.
4) Have your say: There will be the opportunity at some sessions, to ask questions on the issues affecting you and your business.
5) Learn about the future of renting in the region: There will be the chance to hear from Andy Burnham about his plans for the private rented sector in Greater Manchester. The former cabinet minister vowed to tackle the housing crisis in the region as one of his key election promises, and has also spoken of plans to create a Good Landlord Scheme “better regulate private rented sector landlords.”