Applications for solid wall insulation funding exhausted £24 million worth of allocation in one day, reports the Department for Energy and Climate Change (DECC). The Green Deal Home Improvement Fund (GDHIF) made £30 million available for various energy improvement actions and still has £6 million available for landlords to claim.
- £24 million was available for solid wall insulation…which has been completely claimed and applications are now closed.
- £6 million was available for other home improvement methods, which is still available. These included:
- Cavity wall insulation
- Condensing mains gas boiler
- Secondary glazing
- Double/triple glazing (replacement single glazing)
- Flat roof insulation
- Replacement warm air unit
- Fan-assisted storage heaters
- Energy efficient replacement doors
- Floor insulation
- Room-in-roof insulation
- Waste water heat recovery
This is the second time that funding under the GDHIF has run out very quickly, as the GDHIF saw large chunks of funding – some £120 million – snapped up in a matter of weeks. Landlords are urged to ensure that they have assessments carried out in order to claim for various works immediately, rather than to wait and potentially miss out.
- Green Deal returns with Home Improvement Fund – 09.12.14
- DECC – Green Deal Home Improvement Fund details announced 07.12.14