The RLA has discovered an error with key regulations recently published by Government. Sector-wide support suggests just how badly the situation is being handled in Westminster. As usual, while most complain the RLA gets stuck in and challenges what others simply allow to happen. The RLA refuses to allow Parliament to continue to target private renting indiscriminately, it is too important.
An RLA press release this week – Serious drafting error in rented housing regulations – outlines the issues discovered by the RLA’s policy team. While housing and private renting becomes an increasingly important concern across the country, Government is guilty of rushing key legislation.
The RLA has taken the industry lead with this very important problem.
This is evidenced by the amount of coverage we have achieved throughout industry publications:
- RLA – ‘Major error’ in new Section 21 notice (Landlord Today)
- RLA urges Housing Minister to delay new Section 21 rules (Landlord News)
- RLA calls for Section 21 delay citing ‘major drafting error’ (Housing Excellence)
- More chaos as housing minister urged to delay new Section 21 because of error (Property Industry Eye)
- Industry body wants S21 after ‘major drafting errors’ (Letting Agent Today)
- Drafting error spotted in new s21 form (Landlord Zone)
- Major error in rented housing regulations (24dash)
More is sure to follow.