Landlords are being invited to attend energy efficiency workshops that are being run by the Department for Business, Energy, Industry and Strategy (BEIS) this summer.
The workshops will be held ahead of a formal consultation, and they are taking place in the following locations.
- Cardiff – Tuesday 18 June – Birchwood House, University Hall | Birchwood Road | CF23 5YB Cardiff
- London – Thursday 20 June – 1 Victoria St Conference Centre | 1 Victoria Street | SW1H 0ET London
- Oxford – Thursday 27 June – Long Room, Oxford Town Hall | Oxford Town Hall | St Aldate’s | OX1 1BX Oxford
- Peterborough – Tuesday 2 July – Allia Future Business Centre Peterborough | London Road | PE2 8AN Peterborough
- Greater Manchester – Wednesday 10 July – Quarry Bank | Styal Road | SK9 4LA Styal
Currently private rented homes are required to meet a standard of E in their Energy Performance Certificate (EPC).
The government is suggesting an increase to an EPC Band C by 2030, ‘where practical, cost-effective and affordable’. This is an opportunity for landlords to shape the policy design, at the very start of the process.
To sign up to the workshops, click on the links to the event brite pages above to register.
Learn more about energy
- The RLA runs courses for landlords and letting agents on energy efficiency. Learn all about Energy Efficiency Regulations in our classroom course, taking place in London in July and Manchester this September.
- As well as this you can check out our practical energy efficiency regulations classroom course, coming to London this July and Manchester this September. When you book both half day courses on the same day, lunch will be included!