Latest news

Repossession form N5B updated by government

Sally Walmsley
Written by Sally Walmsley

Landlords who want to claim possession of a property must now provide copies of their gas safety certificates, EPC and how to rent booklet as part of their application.

The government has introduced the new requirements in its updated N5B form for England.

The N5B is the form landlords must fill in after the use of a Section 21 Notice for so called ‘no fault’ possession if they are making a claim in the County Court

In addition to the changes above the revised form also asks the landlord to fill in the date of the last three gas safety certificates and confirm a certificate was served to the tenant before they occupied the property.

It has also brought in an updated statement of truth, in line with changes to the civil procedure rules being brought in on Monday.

Landlords will also need to answer questions around prohibited fees in the tenant fees act.

Supplying EPCs and other documents has always been good practice, but the new form makes it mandatory.

The new form can be found here.

About the author

Sally Walmsley

Sally Walmsley

Sally Walmsley is the Magazine and Digital Editor for the NRLA. With 20 years’ experience writing for regional and national newspapers and magazines she is responsible for editing our members' magazine 'Property', producing our articles for our news site, the weekly and monthly bulletins and editorial content for our media partners.

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.