You are a letting agent if you manage properties owned by another landlord – even if you don’t have a retail frontage or an office.
As an RLA member you are entitled a discounted licence fee with NALS – the National Approved Letting Scheme. As a NALS licensed firm your additional benefits include:
– Registration with a Government recognised licensing scheme for lettings and management agents
– Advantageous rates for Professional Indemnity Insurance
– Financial Protection for your clients under the NALS Client Money Protection Scheme
– Access to the SAFEagent mark
– Free Health & Safety and Employment Law helplines
– The NALS licence stamp to display on your letterhead and website to demonstrate to the consumer that you meet an industry wide standard in the provision of customer service
– PR support in advertising your firm as a NALS licensed firm
The special RLA rate is a 50% DISCOUNT on the NALS administration fee, meaning you pay only £87.50+VAT when you submit your application.
NALS annual subscription is £135+ VAT for the first office of a firm and £67.50 + VAT each for any other additional offices. Details of NALS are at – http://www.nalscheme.co.uk – where you can register online or download an application form – or telephone NALS on: 01242 581712 and quote RLA OFFER**.
Together RLA and NALS firmly believe in self regulation and accreditation of standards for lettings in the private rented sector. If you are letting and managing property for other landlords you are strongly recommended you take up this offer and apply NOW.