Free tax protection insurance worth more than £100 a year is being offered to RLA members.
The cover will protect landlords against costs associated with HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) tax inspections for the duration of their membership and is available to all new members, as well as existing members on renewal.
The policy has been designed to give landlords peace of mind during HMRC enquiries, reviews, interventions and audits knowing their liability for tax and penalties due is minimised.
HMRC enquires of this kind are usually detailed and time-consuming and defence costs can easily run into thousands of pounds – even if little or no extra tax is paid at the end of the enquiry.
Under the policy you will be able to claim up to £75,000 of professional costs, for:
- A HMRC enquiry into tax return related to buy-to-let properties owned by you
- A dispute with the HMRC where additional VAT is being pursued
- A dispute with the HMRC where additional PAYE tax or National Insurance Contributions is being pursue
This is in addition to other membership benefits including:
- On-demand phone support from a team of experts
- The best deposit protection rates on the market
- RLA Forum and its 30,000-strong landlord community
- Discounts on 15 services from credit checks to mortgages
- Unlimited free downloads of ASTs, Section 8s and Section 21s
- Free TradePoint card for every member
Andrew Goodacre, RLA chief executive said: “We are delighted to be able to add tax protection insurance to our offer.
“We have listened to feedback and it is clear this is a product is something that will offer members peace of mind during what can be a very stressful time.”
The policy is provided by RLA Insurance which is operated exclusively for the RLA by Rentguard Limited.
For more information about our specialist landlord insurance products or to get an instant quote click here or call 0333 000 0169.