With our Future Renting North conference now just days away we are asking you what you think is great about being a landlord in the North?
RLA Chairman Alan Ward has been renting out properties in South Manchester since 1993 and said affordability – and knowing the local market are key factors in his experience.
He said: “There are some unique aspects to letting out homes in the North, my own top five list would include:
- I can afford to buy property here.
- The property I can afford to buy is close to me – so I am on hand to help my tenants should they need anything
- My homes are in a market that I know, understand and I can monitor
- The cost of servicing and maintaining a property is appropriate to its value
- Tradespeople, generally, have good availability.
What are your top five – what makes you proud to be a landlord in the North?
Please reply in our comments section – and to find out more about what the future of renting will look like why not attend the RLA’s Future Renting North conference next week.
Greater Manchester Mayor Andy Burnham will be the keynote speaker at the event at the city’s Concorde Conference Centre on Tuesday, April 24th, with a packed programme focussing on the future of the northern PRS.
For more information and tickets visit our conference pages.