There is a ‘growing’ culture and awareness of privately rented accommodation being used for cannabis farms, drug consumption and distribution. Landlords can protect themselves, but you have to be savvy!
Would you know if your tenants were using or dealing substances from the premises? Are you aware of your responsibilities (as a landlord) under the Misuse of Drug Act?
The RLA are pleased to announce a new training course is available to landlords and letting agents who are keen to learn how deal with tenants who may be displaying anti-social behaviours and bringing a property into disrepute.
The course will look at:
- Greater awareness of signs/symptoms of drug use and associated paraphernalia
- How to identify if drug use is occurring in a property
- Clarity about key pieces of legislation and your responsibilities
- How to act appropriately if you know or suspect that tenants or visitors to the property are producing, using, or dealing drugs
- How to reduce or avoid evictions due to tenants’ drug or alcohol use
The course is set for unveiling on 20th November in Manchester. Find out more and book a place by visiting the ‘Tenants and Drugs’ training page.