The Uttlesford (Private Sector) Landlord Forum is an annual drop-in event organised by Uttlesford District Council. This year the forum will be held on 1 October 2015, between 6.30pm-8.30pm in the Council Chambers at the London Road offices of Uttlesford District Council.
The aim of the forum is to facilitate a relaxed and informal event that engages, informs and supports private sector landlords from within the district. Private landlords already play an essential role in providing accommodation locally, and the private rental sector is forecast to expand in the coming years.
The majority of private sector landlords in Uttlesford are not ‘professional’ landlords, often with only one or two properties in their portfolio. The forum seeks to reach out to these (and all types of) private sector landlord, to provide an event where landlords can engage with a range of service providers, sourcing information and support in their functions as landlords.
The forum is presented as a range of stands from a variety of pertinent service providers. Landlords can move between the stands seeking varied advice, support and knowledge in a single setting.
The forum is currently being organised, but providers the Council hopes will attend are listed below (this list may be subject to change):
- Citizens Advice Bureau
- Essex Fire and Rescue – Community Safety Team
- Cornerstone Ltd – Energy Saving Company
- Uttlesford Benefits Team
- Uttlesford Environmental Health Team
- Energy Saving Officer – Braintree District Council
- Genesis Housing Association
The forum hopes to inform and support Uttlesford landlords. With improved confidence, in turn they will manage their portfolio with greater skill and efficiency. Tenants will experience the benefits through the provision of good quality and well managed accommodation. A satisfied and safe tenant is likely to stay in residence longer, minimising the difficulties landlords’ face in the turnover of tenancies and inherent costs associated with this. In essence, through supporting landlords, the council seeks synergistic results in improving the private sector within Uttlesford.
View the flyer here
- Title: Uttlesford (Private Sector) Landlord Forum 2015.
- Date: Thursday 1 October 2015
- Time: 6.30pm – 8.30pm.
- Venue: Council Chambers, Council Offices, London Road, Saffron Walden, Essex, CB11 4ER.
- Aim: A “one stop shop” for Uttlesford (Private Sector) landlords to gather information and knowledge from a range of service providers regarding their functions as landlords.